Definition- Long distance relationship disease – is a deadly disease seen mostly amongst youth which affects both females and males, predominantly females; caused by separation often resulting in mobile addiction, depression and unnecessary expenses.
Causes- work, money or simple desires of being in a new country/city. LDR can also be a result of parental transfer and school/college change.
1. The phone is picked up at the first ring
2. Always waiting for the message beep
3. Mobile internet data are always recharged
4. Heavy phone bills
5. Installation of free messaging applications
6. Video calling facility is maximum used
7. Sleep deprived (due to time difference)
8. Sad, lonely and grumpy
9. Unwarranted tears of desperation
10. Depressed hormones
11. Usage of “I miss you” is most observed
The only permanent treatment available is staying together.
But symptomatic treatment for temporary relief can be given, such as frequent messages and calls to avoid depression, using free video calling to avoid heavy phone bills. In severe conditions, psychological counselling may be warranted.
But if not treated even then, LDR disease may end up in amnesia (forgetting romantic moments and sometimes even faces) but in rare cases it has proved to be lethal to the relationship ending in divorce.
|Just one question – WHO ARE YOU???|
For public safety- if anybody is suffering from LDR disease, then get yourself permanently treated before it is too late.
“Jan hith me jaari”